Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Boys Day!

Today is boys day and if I had a son, I would definitely be flying a kaibonori outside of our house for him! The kaibonori represents masculinity and are famous for being a strong fish that can even swim up waterfalls! They also live very long lives.

Ever since I was little I remember seeing these fish flying in front of peoples homes and thinking that it was so neat and nice to see the men in our lives being celebrated. Even to this day, I can drive around our neighborhoods and see the kaibonori floating through the sky. Each fish represents a male in that family. Usually the biggest fish represents the oldest male and the smallest fish the youngest.

It's great to live in a state that gladly displays cultural pride of all races! Happy Boys Day to all the great men in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment